Saturday, August 2, 2008

African Finance!

'Hey Sipho! I have a cow for you for just R500!''

E yoh, Bongani! I'll take it - you can bring it to me tomorrow!

'The next day:'Sorry Sipho, but the cow died last night.

''Hauw.. So, ok then. Just give me my money back.

''Sorry Sipho, I did already spend that money..

''Eish! So, ok then. Just bring me the dead cow.'

So, Bongani brought the dead cow to Sipho the next morning.

A few weeks later, Bongani bumped into Sipho and asked him what he did with the dead cow:

'You won't believe, Bongani! I made a raffle for the cow, and I sold 251 tickets for R5 each! I made a profit of R850! But, I didn't tell anyone the cow was dead..

''Yoh! And the people didn't complain?

''Eish! Only the guy which won! So, I gave him back his R5 and he was happy!

'Sipho is now Minister of Finance

1 comment:

TonyaKuykendall said...

tee hee hee. I like the philosophy.