Friday, April 20, 2007

Stop here if you don't like gross pictures!

So my surgery went well. The doctors and nurses were great and with Peter's mom here things have gone really well. I am in alot of pain, but nothing a little hydroco can't fix!

Most of the pain is pressure inside the ear canal, and then the rest of the pain is from the inscission behind my ear. Yes they pretty much removed my entire ear so that they could access my ear and then re-attached it. It is still swollen and sticks out quiet a bit, but will hopefully start to look more normal with time. They also shaved the hair so it looks even worse!
The more gruesome pics still need to be scanned in, so when I am feeling a little more upto it, I will get those in!

Well my energy level is low so I should go climb back into bed.
Oh...one last thing,as well as a big thank you to Ruth, Peter's mom, she has been a huge help and we really appreciate her coming all the way from CA to help, we also wanted to thank Rachel for taking care of Ethan for the day. He kept going like the little energizer bunny that he is all day and finally crashed at their dinner table! I also wanted to thank Laura for bringing over a yummy snack from Katies Custard! It made all the pain go away while it lasted!!

Hydroco is starting to kick in, gotta run!





4 comments:

karin said...

Glad to hear that everything went well with the surgery. Isn't it great to have family and friends willing to help.

*The incision looks good*

mistyp said...

Ouch! Hope you heal fast!

J & M Shumate Family said...

OK...those pictures were kind of yucky! Hope you are feeling better soon....I'm sure your ear is still seriously throbbing! We missed you in Primary today!

Lulucarrot said...

What kind of ear surgery was it? I had my own ear problems in feb. and I can't tell you how much it made my life stink! My heart goes out to you. We will be wishing for equilibrium to return:)