Monday, April 7, 2008

GINORMOUS PONDEROSA LEMON!



Our neighbors Bob and CC(Carolyn) visited some friends in Southern Texas and come home with one of these for us, well should I say for the kids. CC thought it would be fun for Ethan to take to show and tell at school.

It was apparently a huge hit! Today we decided to squeeze it and freeze the lemon juice for some yummy lemonade in the summer time!
We managed to squeeze out just over 2 cups and I'm sure if I had the right equipment(sorry daddy I know you are very strong) we probably would have squeezed out a lot more!

6 comments:

Kim said...

Yummy! that looks so tasty!

Kim said...

Yummy!!! That looks so tasty!!!

Eric and Cindy Hansen said...

Holy crap- that things HUGE! Honestly... its bigger than Atticus' head :)

Im sure it will make the best tasting lemonade ever!

Michele said...

Ethan will always have all these fond memories of his preschool adventures with "Show and Tell." Even if they don't do that next year in K, he's still set....And I want one of those monstrous things! Talk about delicious lemonade.

mistyp said...

Wow! I didn't know they grew that big! ;)

Larry said...

I would suppose that you could really pucker up after consuming one of those grapefruit sized lemons. Are you sure that is not just a grapefruit? Now if you could find a kumquat that size I would be amazed.