Sunday, October 7, 2007

General Conference

This weekend our family spent quality time together enjoying listening to the teachings of our beloved Prophet President Gordon B. Hinckley and many of our other leaders. I am sure those of you with small children have a similar experience as we did, sometimes only hearing every other word or sentence, but we try to resolve any disturbances and keep focused.

Well I have to share just the funniest experience we had today watching President Hinckley. We had made a comfy area for all of us to sit on the floor by laying a futon cushion down in front of our desktop computer. Chloe followed protocol and took a nap and so it was just Pete, myself and Ethan. We were all listening and then the inevitable happened, the screen saver decided to take over. Ethan then made the following comment:

"Daddy...where did God go?"

Peter and I laughed for a good ten minutes!

The interesting thing is that that was the first and last time the screen saver had come on the entire time we had watched conference, including both Saturday sessions!

Kids do say just the cutest things. If you are interested in watching a church DVD with kids making funny gospel comments try checking out "Out of the mouth of babes" If you look carefully you might be able to spot my husband...he was a Sunbeam!

6 comments:

mistyp said...

That's a good one! I love that movie, too! We used to watch it in seminary. We'll have to look for Pete next time we watch it! ;)

karin said...

We laughed out loud. I guess I need to watch that movie.

The Nielsens said...

Laura told me about it at Soccer tonight. How cute is Ethan.

Stamp With Linz said...

I'm totally watching it today! Does Pete say anything?

Kari said...

That's so great! I love kids!

J & M Shumate Family said...

Ethan is too too funny!