Monday, July 2, 2007

A great day turned bad!

Last week Thursday I had my final check up on my ear up in Dallas. The appointment went great...in fact we were 40 minutes early so I ended up having my hearing test first which came out great. My hearing has completely improved! The doctor then got a look at it and apparently it has healed completely and is water tight so I can take advantage of our pool which is officially blue!! This also means I can fly to South Africa in August....YAY!

So after we received the good news we drove over to the bookstore to buy a couple of things and then we headed over to Pei Wei for lunch which was really yummy! Peter took a little longer to eat so Ethan and I left Peter and Chloe at the restaurant and headed over to Jo-Ann fabric to buy some fleece to make a blankie for Chloe. Peter came and found us and then we headed off to the Sixth Floor Museum which is in the same building where Oswald shot JFK. Of course there are many other theories but it was really neat to learn a bit about history. I am not a museum lover...but I guess I enjoyed this museum a little more because I was able to identify with it because of Peters job.

Anyways when we were leaving the museum we realized my wallet was missing so we started back tracking and had no luck finding it! It was pretty late now and while we were driving around the strut on Peters car broke so we tried to find a mechanic and of course everywhere was closed. We thought about spending the night in a hotel and then getting the car fixed in the morning, but Peter had work in the morning as well as doctor appointments for work so we decided to chance it and drive home!

We got home really late(first time in our lives we have driven 60mph all the way home!)and really miserable! Luckily there was a message on our answering machine from a lady who had found my wallet. I will feel relieved when it is back in my hands!

4 comments:

mistyp said...

Glad your story had a decent ending. :) Don't you just hate losing things!!! Happy to hear your surgery was a success!

karin said...

Great about your ear! Bad about car, I hate driving slow. Good that a nice lady found your wallet and is returning it to you.

Stamp With Linz said...

WOW! What a day! :) What a good attitude, though! :) I'm excited for your trip home...I'm sure it will be fun-filled!

The Nielsens said...

So glad you can take advantage of your pool. If you new some help getting good use of the pool just give me a call. Crazy Day!! So glad you are getting your wallet back. I love honest people.